May 20, 2013

{ODD IDOL} Top 15!

A huge THANK YOU to everyone who took the time to vote for your favorites in the Some Odd Girl Round 2 {ODD IDOL} competition!  I'm happy to say that I have made it to the TOP 15!
 
There were so many amazing creations... I was getting nervous during the voting days.  :)  Since the entries were anonymous and the voting was done blindly, I wasn't able to tell you which was mine... but now I can!

 
Some of you mentioned that you thought this was mine when you voted.... hee hee!  Thank you again for your votes!  I wanted to do something other than a card for this round, so I created an altered embroidery hoop.
 
 
Here's the unpainted, unfinished back side, but a 4" embroidery hoop none the less. :)  I covered the front with card stock and made my creation on the front just like I would on a card.  I love making dimensional things to hang on my walls.  They seem more permanent than a card sometimes.
 
 
I used {SWEET THINKIN' MAE} as my Some Odd Girl image.  I water colored her with Distress Inks and paper pieced her dress and bow.  I used some of the same papers for the flowers and background.  There's a bunch of die-cut items layered up on this piece.
 
 
She's got the sweetest face!  I just love her eyes.  I added a few highlights with a white ink gel pen.
 
 
I recently shared a photo tutorial {HERE} on how to make these 3D paper flowers.  I added a few mulberry paper flowers as well.  I tied the top of the hoop with a couple fancy ribbons and that was that!
 
I'm now busily and happily working on my Round 3 project....  The voting for this next round starts May 24th so I'll keep you posted.
 
Thank you so much for letting me share with you!
Luvs,
Annie Rose
 

5 comments:

Alyce said...

a huge congrats!!! this is simply amazing...i love the flowers and her dress is just so gorgeous :D

Rachel Parys said...

This is so cool Annie!! Glad you are moving on to the next round!

Chitra Nair said...

Wowwww congratulations!!!

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Wonderful news! I'm so sorry, though, I didn't know about this competition and the voting. But now I do, and I'll be there for sure for the next round!

Алексровер Анна said...

Wonderful work!!!