May 8, 2013

{RETRO FRESH} with TGF

It's time for a new {RETRO FRESH CHALLENGE} over on The Greeting Farm blog!  This is our month-long challenge where you simply need to use any TGF stamp/digi image that is at least six months old... and follow the theme, of course.
 
Our theme for you this month is:
 
BRING ON THE SUN!

 
I made a fridge magnet using "LOLLI ANYA".  She's an oldie rubber stamp that is a little hard to find, but sometimes shows up in the TGF store during the Farmer's Market, which is when I purchased her for myself... finally!  :)
 
I've been wanting to make a magnet forever and this SUNNY theme seemed perfect!  I created the large paper rosette by scoring a 12in x 3in strip of card stock at 1/2 in increments then folded on the score lines and glued it together.  I punched and inked around the edges first.  I then simply layered elements and die-cut items on the top just like when decorating a card!
 
 
The scallop heart border is from the new "TULIP BORDER DIE"... I just cut off the tulips!  I also used the "Enjoy" sentiment from the "DELICATE WORDS DIE".  I colored Anya Lolli with Distress Ink.  I added some Stickles to her outfit and some Glossy Accents over the lollipop -- it feels and looks like a real one!
 
I cut a thin magnet sheet (which came in the junk mail... recycle those magnets, everyone, they're free!) into a perfect circle (heh heh...not) and glued it onto the back.
 
 
Alright, now it's your turn to go RETRO!  Pop on over to The Greeting Farm's {SPLENDID STAMPING} blog to see all of the sunny creations from the DT and to play along.  This challenge has the best prize.... go check it out!
 
Thanks for stopping by.
Luvs,
Annie Rose



No comments: