Jul 21, 2013

{JULY IAR CHALLENGE} - An Altered Box

I was finally able to make my first {I AM ROSES} purchase recently so I'm not wasting any time playing along with the IAR challenges!  This month, the challenge is to incorporate tissue paper or vellum into your project and at least two IAR products.
 
I decided to alter a wooden recipe box:
 
 
I painted and distressed the box edges and covered the sides with designer paper by Prima.  I added some flat-back pearl trim along all of the edges and glued on a couple pieces of lace trim that I had in my stash.

 
I used a bunch of different IAR products to decorate the top:  roses, cherry blossoms, crochet flowers, white leaves.  I die cut some leaves from vellum paper and placed them around the flowers.  I love how they look -- so soft and subtle. I added a wooden scrabble tile "A" and a couple wood-veneer birds and that was it!  :)
 
I've got a quick share video on my YouTube channel {HERE}.
 
Thanks for visiting.
Luvs,
Annie Rose
 


4 comments:

Jo said...

Hey Annie, prettiest box ever =) Thanks for playing this month for the July IAR Challenge!

Алексровер Анна said...

Hello, Annie! Great work!!! You created a very useful and beautiful thing! Love the decor and great video!!!!

Joy said...

Very nice box you've created! Thank you for joining in the challenge over at IAmRoses :)

scrapsofmine said...

Beautiful Box! I love altering boxes as well! Love all the detail you put into creating this box The laces and trims are just stunning and of course the IAR flowers! Thanks for joining the IAR challenge and good luck! -Leslie