Aug 20, 2013

{GARDEN VARIETY TUESDAY} with TGF

We've got a great new {GARDEN VARIETY TUESDAY} challenge ready for you on The Greeting Farm blog!  The challenge this week is to be inspired by Summer melon colors.
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 

 
Oooh, yummy colors!
 
For my card, I stamped {PRINCESS ANYA} onto watercolor paper and water colored part of her with Distress Ink.  I left her hair uncolored and coated it with Diamond Stickles instead.  I paper-pieced her dress and added a bit of shadowing with Distress Ink.

 
I used two different TGF stamp sets for the sentiment:  {FROU FROU BIRTHDAY} for the "Birthday" word and {SPARKLING SEASON} clear stamp set for the "Wishes" banner.  The patterned paper is from Lawn Fawn and the card stock is from Papertrey Ink.  I added some pink Distress Ink around the edges and glued on a few matching cherry blossoms from I Am Roses.
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
Be sure to stop by The Greeting Farm's {SPLENDID STAMPING} blog to see all of the DT creations and to play along!
 
Thanks for visiting.
Luvs,
Annie Rose
 

3 comments:

Denice said...

Squeeeee....what a happy take on the color challenge. Love how you partially colored Anya :)

Alyce said...

fabulous! i love her white hair...really neat! :)

Tress said...

Totally adorable!