Aug 27, 2013

{GARDEN VARIETY TUESDAY} with TGF

We've got a new {GARDEN VARIETY TUESDAY} challenge up and ready for you on The Greeting Farm blog!  This week, the theme is:
 
LAYERS
 
For my layered project, I decided to make something other than a card:
 
 
I started by making a large 8 inch paper rosette and worked up from there.  I used the {FROU FROU BIRTHDAY} stamp and turned her into a Christmas gift giver instead of a birthday gift giver. :)  I water colored her with Distress Inks.
 
 
I then added some card stock layers, edged with satin crinkle ribbon and lace.
 
 
I decorated the top with flowers, skeleton leaves and roses from I Am Roses, some red berry stamens, and some flat-back pearls.  The Merry Christmas sentiment stamp is from the {SPARKLING SEASON} clear stamp set, available in the TGF shop.
 
 
I glued on a bit of ribbon to the back for hanging and the Christmas rosette décor was complete!  It's fun to use stamps in ways other than they are intended, so look through all of your TGF stamps and see what you can come up.
 
* * * * *
 
Be sure to stop by The Greeting Farm's {SPLENDID STAMPING} blog to see more layered inspiration and to play along.  We're also in the middle of the September release previews, so keep an eye on the blog for your chances to win new stamps!
 
Thanks for visiting.
Luvs,
Annie Rose
 


3 comments:

Blankina said...

GREAT PROJECT ANNIE:::

Hugs Blankina

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Super cute!!! I just saw this stamp added to Laura's store!!! Ackkk, I gotta have it.

Denice said...

Gorgeous project, gorgeous colors, gorgeous coloring!