Sep 20, 2013

{FARM FRESH FRIDAY} with TGF

It's time for a new {FARM FRESH FRIDAY} challenge on The Greeting Farm blog!  This week, our theme involves one of my favorite paper-crafting techniques:
 
PAPER PIECING
 
I love it!  Paper piecing is such a fun way to add extra detail to your stamped images.  It's also great when you don't feel like coloring very much, but still want to create something that looks awesome. :)
 
You can paper piece any part of a stamped image.  On my pillow-box creation below, I paper pieced her hair, the flowers in her hair, and her dress:
 
 
I first stamped {FLEUR ANYA} onto watercolor paper that I die cut into a circle.  I them stamped the image onto the designer paper that I wanted to use for her hair, the flowers and her dress.  I water colored her skin with Distress Inks.
 
Then, I simply cut around the stamped parts on the designer paper that I wanted to save, inked the edges of each piece with black marker, then glued them down into place over the water colored image.  I added some highlights with a white ink gel pen.

 
I added a stamped sentiment by Some Odd Girl, some flowers from I Am Roses and some crinkled seam binding ribbon to finish off the box.  I inked and Stickled the edges of the die cuts for some extra bling. :)
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
Now it's your turn!  Stop by The Greeting Farm's {SPLENDID STAMPING} blog to see all of the DT's paper pieced projects and to play along.
 
Thanks for visiting.
Luvs,
Annie Rose
 


2 comments:

Blankina said...

Great!!
Love it Annie,
Hugs Blankina

Thanh Vo said...

Such a sweet card, Annie Rose! <3