Jul 4, 2014

{Hello, Friend!}

Happy Independence Day to all my fellow US crafters!  I hope everyone has something fun planned for the day.  I plan on staying indoors with the air conditioning as Summer weather and I do not mix. At all.  So for me, it will be a day filled with crafting, napping, and hot-dog eating. heh. :)

I'm sharing a card I made with the current sketch challenge from My Favorite Things:


Aww, such sweet friends!  I used the masking/stamping technique and combined two adorable Pure Innocence stamps into one image.  I love how the gal on the right looks really shy and her friend is giving her some much needed support.  That's what friends are for, right? 


I stamped them onto watercolor paper and watercolored them with Distress Inks.  I paper-pieced their clothes with the matching background papers from Papertrey Ink.

The rest of the supplies are from My Favorite Things:



I'm entering these sweet friends into the following challenges:

{MY FAVORITE THINGS} - Get Sketchy #183
{LOVES RUBBERSTAMPS} - Anything Goes

Thanks for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose
Pin It

5 comments:

Blankina said...

Ohh Annie, what a super cute card, love the MFT goodies and great colouring and paper choice, Happy 4th of July,
Hugs Blankina
PS Glad you have joined LOves Rubberstamps

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh I love it! So super cute and your coloring is fabulous. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

jonim52 said...

This is super sweet, love how you paired the PI girls. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

Shanna Shands said...

Wonderful paper piecing. Thank you so much for playing at Loves Rubberstamps!

Heidi Brawley said...

LOVE your Adorable card!!!!!