Jul 24, 2014

{THANK YOU}

I made this card for the current sketch challenge over on the {MY FAVORITE THINGS} blog.  I was recently lucky enough to win one of their $100 gift certificates (dude, I know...) and I promptly placed my order.  I couldn't wait to get my hands on some newly released and new-to-me MFT goodies!


This week's sketch is truly fantastic and one I'll be revisiting time and time again, no doubt.  It became an instant classic in my book.

I used a couple of products from Papertrey Ink (New Leaf cardstock and Pretty Pastels Patterned Paper) and the rest are from My Favorite Things: Kraft cardstock, Sweet Tooth cardstock, Sour Apple button, Pinking Edge Circle Stax, Die-Namics Sentiment Strips, Die-Namics File Folder Edges (recently sent to me by this lovely lady... thanks, Tammy!) and the little cutie Pure Innocence Being Cute Is What I Do clear stamp.

I stamped her onto watercolor paper and water colored her with Distress Inks.  I added a few highlights with a white ink gel pen.



I had so much fun making this card!  It's amazing how quickly things come together with a great sketch as inspiration and some amazing products on hand.  :)

Thanks for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose

Pin It

8 comments:

Blankina said...

First of all lucky girl, that was agreat win! And what a cutie Annie, she ist just adorable!
Love your card,
Hugs Blankina

Melody said...

Darling card! Love how you used the sketch! I really like the tab detail.

Lyn Wallan-Smith said...

Oh my goodness this is beautiful and a real standout. Congrats on your win that is awesome.

Denice said...

Congrats on your win and what a sweet, sweet card! Lovin' all the green.

Elena said...

Your card is so sweet! And your coloring is amazing!
Thank you for visiting my blog.

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is very Adorable!!!

JoAnn said...

So adorable. Love the cute image and your fabulous coloring. Love the way you did the flags with the button also.

Shemaine Smith said...

Congratulations and what a fabulous card! Awesome color combo and coloring!