Oct 9, 2014

{A Birthday Card...}

I recently won a challenge on The Greeting Farm blog, and got to pick a new stamp.  Woo!  As if I didn't already own enough... they are an obsession, especially now, after being on the design team last year... I can't get enough! :)

The stamp I chose to add to my collection was the classic "Teacher Anya" and I couldn't wait to get her inked and colored up for this preppy little number:


I stamped her with brown waterproof ink onto watercolor paper and watercolored her with Distress Inks (as always).  I added a few highlights with a white ink gel pen.  I carried the brown color around the card... on the sentiment, the ribbon, and the distressed edges.


The paper is from Papertrey Ink, the sentiment and dies used are from My Favorite Things, the flat-back enamel dots are from Your Next Stamp, and the ribbon is recycled from my stash.  She was a fun one to color and I'm glad I could add her to my stampy family!  :)

I'm linking this card to the following awesome challenges:

{LOVES RUBBERSTAMPS} - Anything Goes
{SIMON SAYS STAMP} - Use Watercolors

Thanks for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose

7 comments:

Evy Goyens said...

It's always nice to win a stamp! I love the one you've chosen. And i really love your card! The colors alre so pretty!

Laura Love said...

Congratulations on your win and such a cute stamp to choose! I always love your coloring and your layouts are always amazing as well! Beautiful job! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week! We hope you play along with us again soon!

Marcy said...

This is so super adorable Annie! Love your pretty coloring and the way you added in the highlights. Thanks for joining the challenge this week over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so adorable, I love it. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

PaperDaisies said...

Such a sweet card. I love the colour palette.Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

Blankina said...

Hi annie what a great TGF card..
Welcome back at LOVES RUBBERSTAMPS, thanks for joining in, good luck and please join our next challenge too,
Hugs Blankina

debby4000 said...

Love your adorable card, lovely colouring.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby