Jan 29, 2015

{HOME IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS}

I've got a papercrafting project to share today that isn't a card... shocking, I know.  For some reason my non-card projects don't always make it to my blog, so I'll be working on sharing more of them here with you in the future. :)

Today's project is a home decor item -- a large fridge magnet!


I started by making a large paper rosette.  I punched around the edges before scoring and shaping for some added cuteness.  I then glued on a few layers of die-cut scalloped circles and a watercolor paper panel.

I stamped {QUEEN BEAN} - a limited edition stamp from The Greeting Farm - onto the watercolor paper and painted her with Distress Ink, water, and a paintbrush.  I paper-pieced her hair and added some white ink gel pen highlights.


I layered on some die-cut hearts and the sentiment and glued on a bunch of flowers. I spritzed some large white roses with black glimmer mist, because black roses are awesome. :)  Once everything was in place, I dabbed on some white gesso all around the rosette, on each of the die-cut layers, and all of the flowers to soften it all up and tie it together.


I glued on a couple strips of a magnet sheet to the back to be able to stick it to the fridge or any magnetic board.  Do you ever get fridge magnets in your junk mail?  If so, don't throw them away, save them for your crafty projects!


I'm linking up to the following challenges:

{LOVES RUBBERSTAMPS} - Pink/Girly
{SIMON SAYS STAMP} - Anything Goes
{I AM ROSES} - Anything Goes Jan IAR Challenge

Thanks for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose




6 comments:

Lin said...

I'm sure your magnet really brightens up your kitchen, Annie - love all those tiny roses and the hearts in the cute image! Thanks for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Rachel Parys said...

Hi Annie!!!!!! This is totally cute!!! OMG, I love everything on here!! Thanks for joining us at I Am Roses!!

Denice said...

This is in your usual adorable fashion...love the layers and oodles of embellishments. What a fun fridge magnet.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Adorable, love all the flowers and the cute image.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

PaperDaisies said...

What a fabulous design. Great card. Thank you for sharing your talents with us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina