Jan 14, 2015

{YOU HAVE MY HEART}

Hiya!  I've got a bunch of Valentine's Day cards that I've been creating and will be sharing with you over this next week. I love making things for Valentine's Day... something about the reds and pinks and purples all together makes me really swoon (not to mention conversation heart candies...yum!) and this card is no exception:


This little Pure Innocence sweetie is one I recently purchased from My Favorite Things.  I stamped her with peach ink onto a die-cut watercolor paper panel and watercolored her with Distress Ink markers, a paintbrush, and water.  I paper-pieced her clothes with paper from the same pack I used on the background (an older Recollections Valentine's Day Cardstock pack).

I heat embossed the sentiment in white on the lower panel, tied it all up with some twine and a button and she was ready to give her hugs away!


I (loosely) followed the current sketch from My Favorite Things:

I'm linking her up to the following challenges:

{LOVES RUBBERSTAMPS} - Stamp Any Color But Black

Thanks for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose





7 comments:

Denice said...

So adorable...love the PP dress! Peach ink and your fabulous coloring make for a perfect card. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps this week.

Susan R. Opel said...

I love loose interpretations of sketches! Shows creativity. And honestly - I WANT HER DRESS. That is awfully cute! Glad to have you joining the party at the MFT Challenge blog! Woot!

thestampingbug said...

So beautiful! I LOVE your coloring- especially that distressing that just makes this little lovely pop off the page! Fabulous card! :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so super cute. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Dangina Martinez said...

How adorable! Love your colors! So glad you could play along with us at Loves Rubber Stamps this week!
Good Luck, DT Dangina

Lisa Harrolle said...

Adorable!! I am so loving your paper piecing on this. Such a great idea!! Love your take on this week's sketch!

Blankina said...

Hi Annie, just had to see what you had created for Loves Rubberstamps, this card is sooo cute...glad you could join,
HUgs Blankina