Mar 29, 2015

{THINK HAPPY, BE HAPPY}

I decided to play along with the current {MY FAVORITE THINGS} sketch challenge this week.  If you know me at all, you know it's hard for me to follow a sketch exactly -- which isn't required, of course -- but you may have to use your imagination a bit with this creation.  :)


As soon as I saw the sketch, I instantly thought of a camper.  You can see it, too... right?  Flip it around, slap some wheels on there and it's good to go. :)

I started with a base shape cut from some chipboard and went from there.  I pulled out some polkadotty paper from Papertrey Ink, a ton of MFT Die-Namics and got to work.

I stamped the MFT Pure Innocence {Being Cute Is What I Do} girl onto watercolor paper and watercolored her with Distress Ink markers, water, and a paintbrush.  I cut out the panel and turned it into a window, flanked by polkadot curtains, die cut from the brackets banner in Blueprints 13. I made the canopy using the MFT scallop border.  


The flowers are MFT Pretty Posies and Layered Leaves Die-Namics.  The star, the white circles in the wheels, and the sentiment panels are also from Blueprints 13.  The pierced rectangle on the side is from Blueprints 3 and the sentiment is from Pure Innocence Freckles


I had so much fun making this!  I think it's going to sit on my crafty desk forever.  :)  I'm also linking this up to the current {SIMON SAYS STAMP} Anything Goes challenge.

Thank you for visiting!

Luvs,
Annie Rose

8 comments:

Nancy said...

Such a cheerful happy and colorful card! So creative!

Lin said...

Annie, this is absolutely darling! You have done a fantastic take on the sketch, and I love all the dotty papers you used on it, too! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, too!

Lisa Harrolle said...

Adorable card! Love your take on this week's sketch.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMG this is so cute! I totally saw a camper too but decided not to use my camper die from MFT because it wasn't big enough, lol. and you made your own! A really super cute one. love it.

Denice said...

I can totally see a camper in the design. WOW, did you ever rock the sketch! This is just the cutest card.

Megan said...

:) I absolutely thought camper when I saw this sketch... I just didn't have the creativity to pull it off. Good work!

Laura Love said...

This is so cute! LOVE LOVE LOVE how you interpreted the sketch! Pure creative genius! Great job!

Christine Kennedy said...

I Love, Love, Love this card. It is so colorful and cute!