Apr 23, 2015

{WITH LOVE} a Mother's Day card

When I first saw the new color challenge over on the My Favorite Things {CARD CHALLENGE} blog, I knew exactly what I wanted to do...  I just had to make a Mother's Day card with those colors!

My mom's favorite flowers are 'little purple pansies touched with yellow-gold' so the challenge colors are spot on:


What's NOT spot on is my camera's ability to photograph the color yellow.
No matter how much editing is done, the yellows are never true and tend to look green. Aww poop.  :(

In real life, the card totally matches the swatch:


I stamped the little mouse image onto a die-cut watercolor paper panel and painted her with Distress Ink markers, water, and a paintbrush.  The rest of the card was put together using the MFT Blueprints 3 die set.  The layered leaves, the sentiment, and the banners are all MFT as well.


This card will definitely pair up perfectly with a small potted pansy plant.
(how's that for alliteration?!)

I'm linking this card to the following challenges:

{MFT CARD CHALLENGE} - Color Challenge 20
{LOVES RUBBERSTAMPS} - Add Flowers

Thanks for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose

2 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMG how cute is that! I love this. So cute and the paper and flowers, so perfect. Love it. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Dangina Martinez said...

Aww, Great color combo , flowers and image!! Looks amazing! Thank You so much for playing along with Loves Rubber Stamps this week!
Tons of Hugs, Dangina