May 16, 2015

{BERRY SWEET}

I know I say this often, but I really mean it this time... THIS is my favorite card so far!  haha  I had such a fun time putting it together with a bunch of my new supplies, a new stamp, and new flowers.


So berry sweet!

This adorable little gal is actually a Halloween stamp from 'Darcie's Heart & Home', but if you know me, I love getting more than one use out of my stamps.  I purchased this set because not only does she make the cutest pumpkin ever, I just knew she'd color up well as a berry!


I stamped her onto a die-cut (Papertrey Ink Mat Stack) watercolor paper panel and colored her with Distress Ink markers, water, and a paintbrush.

The rest of the card was put together using a bunch of dies from My Favorite Things and Spellbinders.  I made the Berry Sweet sentiment with some alphabet stickers.  I stuck in a couple bunches of red berry stamens here and there and finished it all off with a few enamel dots.


I also recently purchased a gigantic (woo!) order from I Am Roses and this was the first project I made using some of the new flowers.  They are so beautiful!  I love the light bit of pink on this large red/white rose.  It totally pops!  I'll have a link to all of the flowers I used, below.


I wanted to add some berry embellishments but didn't have anything to match so I thought heck, I'll just make my own!  I die-cut two hearts and two stars, ran the hearts through the Big Shot in a spotty embossing folder, inked the edges and TA-DA!  Instant strawberries.  :)


I used the following flowers/leaves from I Am Roses:

I'm linking this sweetie to these awesome challenges:

{I AM ROSES} - May IAR Challenge
{MARKER POP} - #68 Anything Goes
{PAPERTAKE WEEKLY} - In The Garden
{7 KIDS COLLEGE FUND} - Anything Goes
{LOVES RUBBERSTAMPS} - Add a Sentiment

Thank you so much for stopping by!
Luvs,
Annie Rose

7 comments:

Jennifer {jennifer-g} said...

This is incredibly gorgeous. I love LOVE all the details and layers you put into this project, the die cuts, flowers....wow. Your coloring is beautiful. I'm going to have to try revisiting watercoloring with inks after seeing this! Thanks for sharing it with us at Loves Rubberstamps, hope to see you back soon!
Jennifer, DT

Denice said...

If I wasn't already a follower I'd be signing up today! You know I love all your projects and this one is oh-so-sweet! Great idea to multi purpose the image and your punches...fab strawberries! Thanks for sharing wat Loves Rubberstamps this week, good luck! Hope you'll join us again soon.

Rachel Parys said...

This is "berry" sweet!!! (couldn't help myself!) I love the pinks and reds!! Gorgeous work!! Thanks for joining us at I Am Roses!!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a genius way to use this stamp! I love her berry outfit! so adorable! Thanks for joining us at www.7kidscollegefund.com!

Brenda Morgan said...

this is so sweet, love the crispness of the colours

Alexandra♥ said...

OMG, what a gorgeous card Annie!!! All the elements are so beautiful, and of course the flowers.
Thanks for joining our May Challenge @ I AM Roses!
Good luck.

Alexandra
DT member

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh she is so cute and i love your idea for strawberries, I'm gonna have to try that one out.