Jul 4, 2015

{SENDING SUNSHINE} on a Happy July 4th!

I sat at my craft desk early this morning, determined to create something new.  The fact that it's the fourth of July holiday made my subject matter fall right into place!

I looked at all of the fun challenges I wanted to play along with and incorporated everything into one lacy, floral, festive RED WHITE and BLUE card to share with you today.  :)


I wanted to do something I haven't done in a while, so I grabbed my white embossing powder, this cute Fleur Anya stamp from The Greeting Farm, and got started.

I heat-embossed the image and then painted it with Distress Ink markers, water, and a paintbrush.  I love this look!  You'll probably see it more often from me...it's just so soft and pretty, no?


I followed a sketch and layered up a bunch of papers and cardstock from Papertrey Ink.  I added a handful of gorgeous flowers and leaves from I Am Roses... some of which I ordered just for this holiday, so I'm glad I remembered to use them! That blue rose... it's perfect.  :)
They are as follows:  R21-426,  R77-310,  S10-78,  ZQL20-426


I'm linking this girl up to the following challenges:

{I AM ROSES} - June IAR Challenge
{SIMON SAYS STAMP} - Going Dotty
{LOVES RUBBERSTAMPS} - Celebrations
{THE GREETING FARM} - July: Red,White,Blue
{PAPERTAKE WEEKLY} - Take Your Pick (sketch)

Thank you for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose

10 comments:

Helene Siermans said...

Fantastic project. Love all the embellishment and layers - so pretty!

Also I like the Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Loves Rubberstamp. Good luck!

Nicknew way you used the stamp with the white embossing powder! Looks so fun and cute!

Denice said...

I absolutely love this Annie, especially how you used the soft hues of blue throughout. From the little details to your fab coloring, your card is spot on!

Jennifer {jennifer-g} said...

GORGEOUS! I love the soft coloring and the bold papers and elements you chose. What a great contrast and your layout is divine. Thanks for sharing it at Loves Rubberstamps this week, hope to see you back soon!
Jennifer, DT

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Annie Rose! So sweet and so beautifully embellished.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Holly Tracy said...

Great card Annie :) Thanks for participating in our challenge :) - Holly TGF DT

ScrapMo said...

Awesome card
Cute and romantic

Tamara said...

Lovely card! That blue rose looks amazing!
Thank you for sharing with us at I am roses challenge blog this month, good luck!
Hugs,
Tamara xx

Rosie said...

Gorgeous!! Love the colors!! Thank you for playing in our challenge at www.iamroses.com! Hugs, Rosie

Jo said...

Love the white embossing! Fab colors! Thanks for joining our challenge http://iamroses-challenge.blogspot.com/

Cadabams Hospitals blog said...

If you suffer from red scalp, then check out this blog about
Schizophrenia Treatment in Bangalore
Schizophrenia Symptoms Treatments in Bangalore