Aug 6, 2015

{BOO!} a vintage sepia Halloween shaker card

... how's that for a title?  :)

Halloween is my favorite holiday and I am a sucker for any spooky stamp sets.  A new-to-me favorite is "HALLOWEENIES" by Paper Smooches, which I used on my shaker card today.


What's a shaker card without a few googly eyes?  Ha. I love it.
I watercolored the stamped images with Distress Ink markers, water, and a paintbrush.  I colored them with all of my sepia-like tones to help with the vintage feel:


I inked up a length of seam binding ribbon with the same marker colors and tied it into a shabby bow.  I made the shaker window and filled it with a handful of different sequins in browns and dark orange colors.  I added a few wooden stars to finish it off.


It's such a fun card.. I think I'm going to keep this one for myself.  :)

I am, however, going to link it up to the following awesome challenges:

{MARKER POP} - #74 Anything Goes
{SIMON SAYS STAMP} - Tie It Up ft. PS
{PAPER SMOOCHES STAMPS} - Anything Goes


Thanks for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose

6 comments:

Virginia Lu said...

How cool is this! Love the seam binding with your awesome shaker design, Annie! Those googly eyes are just lovely! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Tie It Up” Challenge!

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Amazing card for so many reasons! The colors are so cool, and I love how you colored the adorable images! I LOOOVE shaker cards, and the sequins you chose are prefect. A+ on this one for sure! Thanks for joing us over at MarkerPOP! for our Anything Goes Challenge!

Lisa Arana said...

Oh my, oh so cool in oh so many different ways! LOVE the sepia coloring and that shaker card night sky is brilliant. Thank you so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge.

Chark said...

great coloring and love the eyes!

Jingle said...

I absolutely LOVE this! The coloring is just fantastic!!! Thank you so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Gabby said...

CONGRATS on winning the Aug AG PS award! I saw this AWESOME card featured on Savannah's blog post today. LOVE it! Can't wait to start my Halloween cards and your card has inspired me to do so. :D