Aug 20, 2015

{HAPPY BIRTHDAY}

It's always a struggle for me to make clean + simple masculine cards, but I've found that if I stick to mostly die-cuts instead of stamped and colored images, it usually turns out pretty nice.  So that's what I have to share today... a birthday card that's visually appealing and interesting, but not flashy or flowery! :)

Also, you just can't go wrong with kraft and aqua...


I started with a kraft stitched rectangle die cut from My Favorite Things' Blueprints 13 and sprayed it with some Glimmer Mist over a chicken wire stencil.  I then dripped on some concentrated Glimmer Mist all around for extra splatters and dimension.

I then die cut a pinked edge circle Die-namics from vellum and layered on a couple circles.  I then die cut the Happy Die-namics from white cardstock and stamped the Birthday sentiment onto aqua die cut sentiment banner.


 

I'm linking up these fabulous challenges.

Thanks for visiting!

Luvs,
Annie Rose

3 comments:

Sandi's Samples said...

Love the way you used vellum and the backgrounds on this card!
Thanks for playing with us this week at http://www.7kidscollegefund.com/
Huggs

Rosie said...

Absolutely perfect in every way...perfect layout and colors! Love it! Thank you for playing in our challenge at www.7kidscollegefund.com. Hugs, Rosie

Susan R. Opel said...

I totally agree! Every time I make a masculine card it stretches me!