Nov 5, 2015

{WARM THOUGHTS}

The weather is getting cooler, it's almost time to bundle up in warm jammies and drink hot cocoa!  But, until then, I'll make do with some cute Winter-themed stamps and cards. :)


This adorable snowman is part of the "Freezy Fellas" stamp set by Paper Smooches and it's one of my favorite sets.  I stamped him onto heavyweight cardstock and lightly watercolored him with Distress Ink markers, water, and a paintbrush.

I die cut the "Tag Scallop Die", also by Paper Smooches, out of white cardstock and heat embossed the bottom section with gold embossing powder.  I cut another tag from designer paper from PTI and adhered it to the original tag and finished it off with a plain band of coral-colored cardstock in the middle.


The sentiment is also from a Paper Smooches stamp set called "First Aid Kit" and I love using it with my snowmen.  The "Let It Snowflake Die-Namics" dies are from My Favorite Things and I also heat embossed them with gold powder.

I inked the background panel with Distress Ink and flicked on some white gesso paint for a snowy look.  I went back in and added some darker white dots of gesso with a stylus to make it stand out a bit more.  I sparkled up the snowman with a Wink Of Stella glitter pen.



I'm linking up this little fella to the following challenges:

  

Thanks for visiting!

Luvs,
Annie Rose

6 comments:

Gabby said...

Nice card! Love PS and your little snow fella looks great. Like how you used the trending gold, too. :)

Evy Goyens said...

What a cutie! I love the non-traditional pink!
Over here in Belgium, in stead of getting coulder, it's getting hotter!
This weekend we should get temperatures around 20 C.
But i'm not complaining!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so adorable! I love the tag design and the gold embossing makes this so fun and festive! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is super cute! I love this little guy and the glimmer you've added to your tag. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Jodi Collins said...

This is the CUTEST! Your coloring is SPECTACULAR and I LOVE the layout with the gold tag! Thanks SO much for playing along with The Color Throwdown! (P.S., you should head on over there and see today's post!)

Nancy Thomas said...

So cute and festive. Love the pink background and the tag. Fab card Annie!