Nov 27, 2015

{We Wish You A Merry Christmas}

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!  Now it's time to move full-steam ahead on my holiday projects.  I've got a couple of matching ornament chipboard plaques to share with you today:


I am in love with Sylvia Zet's illustrations for Whimsy Stamps and I couldn't wait to ink up this adorable image, fittingly called "HOLLY".  


I stamped the image onto watercolor paper and painted it with Distress Ink markers, water, and a paintbrush.  I then die-cut the image and distressed the edges with ink and white gesso paint.  I added some dot highlights throughout the image with gesso and a dot stylus tool.


The bases of the ornaments are from a chipboard album found in the dollar section of a craft store last year.  I painted the bases pink and stamped the MFT Music Note background stamp over the top, in red ink.  I carried the red and pink color throughout the rest of the piece.


Each ornament is decorated with lace and trims/ribbons and a bunch of flowers from {I Am Roses}:
R77-310, R40-78, R2-426, G1-827, S10-40, S10-427

I finished them off with a couple of die-cut snowflakes from MFT, a wooden flower hat pin, red and aqua berry bunches, and gesso all over for a snow effect.  Parts of the image are also covered with a Wink of Stella glitter pen.


I'm linking up these cuties to the following challenges:

{PAPERTAKE WEEKLY} - Take Your Pick (colors)
{WHIMSY INSPIRES} - Anything Goes/Holiday
{7 KIDS COLLEGE FUND} - Anything Goes
{SIMON SAYS STAMP} - Anything Goes
{I AM ROSES} - Nov IAR Challenge
{MARKER POP} - Christmas

Thank you so much for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose

4 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful creation.

Tamara said...

These are really sweet!
Thank you for sharing with us at I am roses challenge blog this month, good luck!
Hugs,
Tamara xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful ornaments.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Rosie said...

Wowzers, these ornaments are AMAZING and so BEAUTIFUL! Love them!! Thank you for playing in our challenge at www.7kidscollegefund.com. Hugs, Rosie