Sep 21, 2016

{CELEBRATE} with Concord & 9th

I'd been wondering how the Zig Clean Color Real Brush watercolor markers would work on vellum, so I gave it a try today, along with some heat embossing (which always looks great on vellum) and I'm happy to report that they work amazingly well!  They dry pretty quickly, so there's less time for blending, but the way I used them today, blending wasn't totally necessary:


Ooh la la!
I was inspired by the colors in the current {Color Throwdown} challenge, and boy do they pop right off the page!

I started off by stamping my flower images from Concord & 9th's "Wildflower" stamp set onto a trimmed piece of vellum paper, using clear VersaMark ink (sticky and slow-drying) and coating them with white embossing powder.  Once the embossed images were heat set, it was time to color.


As I mentioned, these inks dry quickly, so I didn't bother trying to do any fancy blending.  I colored on the back of the embossed images (as to keep the whites very white on the other side) with the marker straight to the vellum, no extra brush or water needed.



Once it was all colored, I flipped it over and adhered it to a die-cut card front panel.
It actually looked like crap when held up to the light.  haha...


...But, they way it'll be viewed on the card is beautiful:


The background of my card front has some dictionary print paper and a die-cut stitched circle in plain white.  I wanted to add a bit of extra oomph to the part that'll be viewed through the vellum window, and having the vellum backed by some white makes it pop a bit more:


I finished off the card front by stamping the word CELEBRATE with C9's "Sophisticated Script" stamp set in the Raspberry Fizz ink by Papertrey Ink, added a few iridescent sequins, and tied a bow with some hemp rope/twine.

***

I'm linking up to the following awesome challenges:

{MARKER POP} - #104 For The Girls


Thanks for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose

6 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

This is gorgeous!

Melissa said...

WOW! Absolutely beautiful. Love those bright, bold flowers!

AmyR said...

So fun!! Well done!! Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week! :)

Vickie Z said...

Yes, it is gorgeous!, haven't tried this. So gllad you joined us at CTD!!

Emily Midgett said...

Wow, Annie! This is incredible! I absolutely love the vibrant colors you used. Coloring on vellum is one of my favorite techniques. Your card is simply stunning. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Where Creativity Meets C9! :)

Holly Endress said...

This is Beautiful.. Thanks for joining us at MarkerPop!