Sep 11, 2016

{Hey Cute Ghoul}

It's no secret that Autumn is my favorite season, and with it comes Halloween.  I don't send out a lot of Halloween cards, but I sure do enjoy getting crafty with spooky things!


I pulled out my favorite go-to Halloween stamp from {PAPER SMOOCHES} called "HALLOWEENIES"... hee hee!  It's such a cute set, filled with a bunch of adorably spooky images, including the witch, pumpkin, bat, star, and sentiment stamps I used on this card.

I stamped the witch and pumpkin on watercolor paper and colored them with Zig Clean Color Real Brush watercolor markers.  I used light, pastel colors that don't photograph well... her skin is green (of course, she's a witch!) and her clothes are a light pink with tiny white hearts that I added with a gel ink pen.


I created the background by watercoloring on a watercolor paper panel and then flicking it with black glimmer mist spray.  I die cut the "Duo Die 1" frame as an open spot to showcase Ms. WitchyPants.  I finished the background with a few stamps of the black bat and the tiny star stamped with Distress Ink. I tied the top with some pink/white bakers twine.

I'm linking up to the following challenges:

{PAPER SMOOCHES} - Sept Anything Goes


Thanks for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose

2 comments:

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Oh my goodness! I am in LOVE with this card! I, too, am a Halloween fan and I love how this has the traditional elements of a witch and bats and a jack-o-lantern. But oh my! What an absolutely wonderful modern twist you've given this with the totally creative color palette! LOVE IT! And I also like how you included the bright pink background shape and the stars around it. This is the absolute perfect blend of blacks and pastels and bright colors. This made me smile and get all giddy for Halloween! Thank you for the inspiration and for sharing your stamping talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

~amy~ said...

ABsolutely ADORABLE. Your color choices are so much fun!