Sep 13, 2016

{Piggy Bank} with My Favorite Things

I'm sharing another card I made for the current {My Favorite Things} sketch challenge and Card Design Superstar contest:


This birthday card is for another niece and it'll be filled with cash... the perfect gift!

I love the heat embossed/watercolor combo so I started with a stitched rectangle die cut watercolor paper panel and stamped the cutie from the Pure Innocence Piggy Bank stamp set and the adorable little piggy from The Whole Herd stamp set in clear VersaMark ink and covered it with white embossing powder.  Once it was heated/melted, it was time to start painting:


I watercolored the images with Distress Ink markers, water, and a paintbrush.  I added a little bit of sparkle with a Wink of Stella glitter brush.  I stamped a few tiny hearts in a golden Distress Ink color to tie in the color of the coin.


I stamped the coordinating "Piggy Bank" sentiment onto a die cut "Sentiment Strips Die-namics" piece of pink cardstock and heat embossed it as well.  I backed the front panel onto a pink cardstock base with some dimensional tape and that was it!



Thanks for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose

1 comment:

Heidi Brawley said...

I LOOOOOOOVE this oh so Adorable card!!!!!!'
hugs, Heidi