Sep 9, 2016

{So Happy For You} with My Favorite Things

I sat at my desk today and got crafty with many {My Favorite Things} products so I could not only play along with their two current card challenges (color and sketch), but also enter into their 2016 Card Design Superstar contest!



I started by gathering the colors for the color challenge.  These were definitely a challenge for me, and my colors don't match exactly, but I used what I had and I think I made it work!

I started by cutting a panel of Ranger Watercolor Paper and heat embossing it the Woodgrain Background Stamp, VersaMark Ink, and white Embossing Powder.  Once it was embossed, I used the ink blending tool to rub on some Distress Ink... green on the bottom, blending into a coral pink on the top.  I adhered that panel to a stitched rectangle die-cut piece of kraft cardstock, which was then placed onto an A2 sized dark gray textured cardstock base.


I then die-cut a handful of solid and skeleton leaves from the Layered Leaves Die-namics set, in dark green, coral/orange, white, and kraft cardstocks and adhered them in gathered pile.

For the banner, I stamped the "so happy for you" sentiment from the 'Celebrate Big' stamp set and heat embossed that as well.  I added a gray banner underneath, cut from the Sentiment Strips Die-namics set.  I added a few coral/orangey buttons to finish it off.  The colors are much more cohesive in person, you'll just have to take my word for it!  Heh. 



Thank you so much for visiting, and a huge thanks to My Favorite Things for always providing us with fun challenges and now a chance for a huge SUPERSTAR prize!

Luvs,
Annie Rose

3 comments:

Mimi said...

I had to stop by to say that this is awesome... caught my eye at MFT color challenge... great colors, right?

Ashwini Rao said...

What a 'wow'er!! The colors just pop out!! Truly stunning!!

Lisa said...

your card is lovely, I really enjoy the bold fall colors, with the die you chose! thank you for the inspiration! You are very talented!