Sep 16, 2016

{What Goes Bump In The Night}

I've had this cute "Halloween Mimi" stamp set for a few years now and it never fails to make me laugh every time I look at it.  Each stamp in the set is adorable.  I used some of them to decorate a spooky treat box:


A few months ago I bought a small paper coffin box from a craft site having a sale, it was only like ten cents and I couldn't resist.  It's about the size of an ink pad... so tiny!

I gathered my supplies and got crafty:


I inked little Dracula and his bat friends onto watercolor cardstock and colored them with Zig Clean Color Real Brush watercolor markers (they are the cheapest on Amazon! Search there first before splurging somewhere else.. you'll save tons of money.)  I then fussy-cut them out and set them aside so I could work on the box.

I painted the coffin box in white gesso then rubbed and sprayed on some Glimmer Mist sprays in orange, green, purple, and black:


Ooh, Halloweeny!

I added a bit more decor to the box with a few little stars stamped in orange and a black die-cut gate/fence from The Greeting Farm.  I had a piece of Halloween decor paper with the perfect sentiment, so I cut it in a banner shape and adhered it to the box.

* * *
* * *

He vants to give you a hug....blah  <---- read that like Dracula.


I'm linking him up to the following challenges:

{SIMON SAYS STAMP MONDAY} - At The Movies (Dracula)

Thanks for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose

4 comments:

Janine Vegter said...

coool and adorable

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

I absolutely LOVE this project! I can see why this stamp set makes you smile every time you use it! It is adorable! And what a great coloring job you did, too. His pants are the best! This is full of whimsy and a modern vibe. I'm really impressed at how you gave the coffin such a fine makeover, too! Usually coffins get forgotten, but you made this one a stunning backdrop. This is full of inspirational ideas and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Sue from Oregon said...

I vant to tell you how cute this is!!! (said in my most Dracula voice) Your little 10 cent coffin added the perfect touch! Super cute!

Thanks for sharing you wonderful inspiration with us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge!

♥ Sue Kment

Helen said...

Awww...this is spooktacular!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x