Oct 16, 2016

A Very {HAPPY} Autumn


My card today combines both the current {SKETCH} and {COLOR} challenges from My Favorite Things.  I took a bit of liberty on both, as the red ink I chose turned out to be quite pink, but the inspiration from both is still present. :)

I started with a panel of white watercolor paper and die cut 6 of the 'Layered Leaves Die-namics' from it, as I wanted the leaves to remain bright white.  I then used my Zig Clean Color Real Brush watercolor markers to layer on some ink, then spritzed it with water and smooshed it around with a paintbrush to give it the abstract watercolor look.


While that panel was drying, I cut a panel from kraft cardstock and stamped it with the 'Woodgrain Background' rubber stamp in brown ink.  This panel will be seen through the die cut leaf openings on the painted front panel.  I then adhered them together and inlaid the leaves into their open spots.


I added a stitched rectangle cut from kraft cardstock to middle of the panel and topped it with the 'Happy Duo Die-namics' die that I cut from white cardstock.  I inked the top section with some light pink Distress Ink, then applied some gold embossing powder just to the tops of the letters.


I finished it off with a few gold sequins.  I really like how it came out!



Thanks for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose