Oct 16, 2016

{Happy Halloween} - Guest Designing with MarkerPOP!

I was asked to be a Guest Designer for the new challenge over on the {MARKER POP} blog, and of course I said yes!  I love to color and play along with the Marker Pop challenges and I hope you'll play along this week, too.


This week's challenge theme is HALLOWEEN, my favorite holiday.
I don't have a lot of Halloween-specific stamp sets though, so I combined a few stamps from different companies on my card today.

I started by making my card background.  I used a die-cut sheet of watercolor paper and painted it with yellow, orange, blue, purple, and dark gray Zig Clean Color Real Brush watercolor markers and a paintbrush.  I smooshed the colors around and kept it lighter in the top left corner so it would look like a moon-filled sky.  I finished it off by flicking on some diluted white acrylic paint and some black glimmer mist.


While that was drying, I colored my main image.  I started with the adorable Gorjuss Girl from the "On Top Of The World" rubber stamp set. She's normally sitting on a wire with birds, but I only inked and stamped the part of the image I wanted to use.  I then used the broom from Lawn Fawn's "Frosty Friends" stamp set (stamped twice and glued together to elongate it), and the witch hat from Reverse Confetti's "Too Cute To Spook" stamp set.  The sentiment is from Paper Smooches' "Halloweenies" set.


I stamped everything onto watercolor paper and watercolored them with Distress Ink markers, water, and a paintbrush.  I then fussy cut them out and adhered them together to make one broom-flying witchy image!  The sentiment is heat embossed onto vellum paper.  I added a small yellow circle moon behind the sentiment to make it pop a bit.



* * *

Be sure to pop on over to the {MARKER POP} blog to see more Halloween inspiration 
and to play along with the new challenge!


Thanks for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose

1 comment:

Blankina said...

Hi what a clever mix and match of stamps, and cool colouring and background! Hugs Blankina