Nov 16, 2016

{Wishing You All Things MERRY}

Today I'm playing along in the {POWER & SPARK} challenge over on the POWER POPPY blog!  The challenge this month is THINK PINK CHRISTMAS, so I grabbed the only Power Poppy stamp set I own (so far...) which happens to be Christmas-themed and got to stamping:


This stamp set is gorgeous!  It's called "SPICE IT UP" and it's full of citrus and spice and all things holiday nice. The orange and clove pomanders, the berries, the star anise, the ribbons, and the sentiments are so perfect for creating holiday cards.  Who doesn't love the smell of Christmas?  I actually love it all year long.


I stamped one of the pretty citrus groupings into a pattern on some watercolor cardstock in black Archival Ink (which is waterproof).  I then colored each little bit with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush watercolor markers, water, and a paintbrush.


I then stamped and watercolored another image from the set, the single large orange pomander with the big bow and mistletoe and I turned the card into a shaker card filled with iridescent sequins:


I die cut a tag from Kraft cardstock and heat embossed one of the sentiments from the set in white, and tied it to the card with matching pink ribbon.  I love how it turned out!  It's going to be hard to give this card away... it may stick around in my stash for a little while. :)


Thanks for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose

9 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so awesome, Annie, love the colors you used!!

Julie Koerber said...

Annie, this is truly a WOW card -- one I could stare at for hours! Love the sparkle you added thanks to the shaker card and your dreamy coloring just makes this one a keeper! So glad you joined us over at Power Poppy for this one! :-)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Wow!! Is that ever A LOT of coloring Annie! What a beauty!! LOVE your background and your sweet little shaker. This is gorgeous!! Thanks for joining in our our Power Poppy Power and Spark Challenge this month!!

Stacy Morgan said...

So colorful and fun! Great colors and idea with the background. Very cool shaker card and I do like sparkle. Very pretty and fun!
Thanks for playing in our Power and Spark challenge this month.

Susie said...

First, l love using the small designs from a set and coupling them with a loose watercolor wash. You've created a beautiful masterpiece with this set. Love every colorful ounce of this!

Lynne Ward said...

Just a really beautiful card. So pretty. Thanks for the inspiration.

LOU said...

Gorgeous Annie! Definitely thanks for the inspiration!
Lou xo

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Annie, this is GORGEOUS! I love the amazing background you've created with the small designs...with exceptional coloring! And then when you made it a shaker card, wow! I love it all and really love the sentiment and bow to finish it! Stunning card! Hugs!

Heidi Stamps said...

This is stunning! And so much work went into it! Thanks for sharing!