Dec 18, 2016

{WARM WINTER WISHES}

Do you ever have those moments when an idea for card pops into your head and you just have to sit down right that second to create it?  And then to have it actually turn out the way you planned?  That's the best part... it doesn't always end up that way for me, it sometimes ends up in the trash. haha

I started by stamping the sentiment with Concord & 9th's 'Sophisticated Script' set in VersaMark ink, onto a watercolor paper panel, then heat embossing it with white embossing powder.  Once that was set, I stamped two sizes of flowers from the 'Wildflower' set the same way and heat embossed them as well.


I then used two blue Distress Ink colors and blended them onto the panel, keeping the center lighter and the edges darker.  I then flicked on some water drops and patted them up with a paper towel to create a snowy, wintry look.  I finished off the card by adhering iridescent sequins to the middles of the large flowers.


I'm linking up to the following challenges:



Thanks for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose

7 comments:

Brian King said...

Annie Rose - I'm stuck, staring at this gorgeous card! I love the appeal of this distress ink - brilliant. Thanks for playing along with this CAS(E) This Sketch challenge.

Lynn Put said...

Oh WOW! I love this! So pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Where Creativity Meets C9.

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful take on the sketch!

Michelle said...

Such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

Chrissy Larson said...

Fabulous background and I love the color!!!

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful take on the sketch! The blue color palette is so pretty!

Jessica Frost-Ballas said...

Love that frosty blue! Thanks for playing along with Where Creativity meets C9!