Jan 2, 2017

A {TOASTY & WARM} Valentine

I love making Valentine cards, I think it's the warm, happy colors associated with the holiday that make it so much fun!  I'm not wasting any time getting into the Valentine spirit this year... I've put away the Christmas crafts and it's time for new holiday creating!


For this card, I grabbed a few stamp sets from {PAPER SMOOCHES} and created a sweet little love scene... between two pieces of buttered toast.  Because what says LOVE better than warm buttered toast?  Nothing, that's what.

I stamped the bread slices and smiley faces from the {MARKET FRESH} stamp set and watercolored them with Distress Ink markers.  I then stamped my own sentiment using the individual letters from the {GRAFFITI} alphabet stamp set.  I paper-pieced a few of the open spaces in the letters with coordinating patterned paper.  The '&' is cut from a My Favorite Things alpha die set.


I also cut two {FRINGE 2} dies from the matching paper, used a zig zag border die on the ends, curled the fringe slightly, and layered them underneath the main panel, which is popped up on dimensional adhesive.

* * * * *

I'm linking up to the following challenges:

{PAPER SMOOCHES} - January 'Cozy' Inspiration


Thanks for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose

2 comments:

Lin said...

Love this mix of colors, Annie! Your paper-piecing of the sentiment is a fun touch! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

This is AMMMMMMMMMMMAZING! I love your watercolored toast--- love the colors--- LOVE LOVE LOVE it all! You nailed this challenge:) THANKS for playing along with us for the January "cozy" challenge:) <3