Jan 24, 2017

{HAPPY} - a Mixed Media Mish Mash Card


I only had about 30 minutes to sit down and make a card tonight but my hands were itching to get crafty and I just HAD to make something!  I didn't have a plan or an idea in mind, so I grabbed my stash of leftover die cuts and decided to make something with those.

Does everyone have a stash like this?  A sort of "I better save this tiny die cut heart because I just know I'll use it later" stash?  I usually forget all about it, but this card came together so quickly and was so much fun!  I've gotta keep this stash close by from now on. 


Once I decided on a layout, I grabbed a kraft card base and messily painted it with white gesso and some red and aqua Glimmer Mists.  I also flicked on some brown/gold Glimmer Mist spray. 

I used the same gold Glimmer Mist spray to ink up and distress the brown paper packaging piece that I tore from a kraft vintage newspaper print bag that my crafty order from {TUPELO DESIGNS LLC} came in (as they always do!)  I have so many of these bags now from all of my orders (shhh...) so I'll be using them often, I'm sure!


I then adhered my layered random bits on top.  I made the pleated white rosette background from a tiny paper cupcake/candy liner.  I inked all of the edges in Distress Ink to tie it all together.  The orange-ish colored paper button is actually a pink/peach color and matches the card much better in person. Heh.


I've never made a card so quickly that I actually love! I've got plans to duplicate this card in a few different colors, so watch for those soon.  I'm linking this card up to the following challenge:

{SIMON SAYS STAMP MONDAY} - Spread Your Wings

Thanks for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card, love the background and the amazing layers. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra