Jan 30, 2017

{HUGS}


I love Valentine's Day cards! These colors just make me happy.

I dug out my long-adored, but rarely-used "CUDDLE ANYA" stamp from The Greeting Farm for this one.  She's long since retired, but pops up every now and then.  I stamped her onto watercolor paper and watercolored her with my Distress Ink markers, water, and a paintbrush.  I paper-pieced her hat and added some Distress Ink shading to make it blend with the image.


I followed a color challenge and decided to use the colors as they were shown, in a vertical line, and it looks super cool!  I also used an inspiration photo that led me to use a strip of this woven jute ribbon and a big read heart.

For the HUGS sentiment, I used a die cut alphabet from My Favorite Things and cut the letters from white cardstock that had a strip of pink on the bottom.  I then heat embossed the top sections in gold to make them sparkly.  The tiny gold embossed hearts are from Neat & Tangled's "My Favorite Nut" stamp set.


I'm linking up to the following challenges:

{THE GREETING FARM} - January Anything Goes
{MARKER POP} - #113 Color Challenge

Thanks for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose

5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Super cute!

Wanda Cullen said...

What an adorable Valentine! Love the striped theme you carried out on the HUGS sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at Inspired By All The Little Things!

KimCreate said...

You combined the challenges nicely! Thanks for joining us at Inspired by all the little things

Melissa Bove said...

Super sweet card! Love that adorable image and fun design! Fabulous coloring too!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

I just love the way you did her hat! Fabulous coloring! Thanks so much for joining us at MarkerPOP! - Lisa