Feb 14, 2017

A Mixed-Media Valentine {LOVE STORY}


I had so much fun making this mixed media Valentine.  I love how a bunch of random crafty items can come together to create something that makes me happy!


This hanging Valentine story started with a chipboard-backed canvas piece, originally from a mini-album.  I gathered some other items that I wanted to use with it and got to work:

I started by heat embossing some random stamping onto the canvas in white embossing powder. Once it was heat set, I sprayed the canvas with a few different colors of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and quick dried it with my heat tool.  I then used some white modeling paste to add a clock pattern with a stencil, this didn't end up being visible in the end, but I know it's there. lol. 


I then took the thin wood hearts and covered them in old book page print, inked around the edges with pink Distress Ink, and stamped the word LOVE onto one heart, and the word HAPPY on the other.  I then inked around the edges of the hearts and the canvas piece with walnut stain Distress Ink.


I colored with key with Ranger Alcohol Ink and heat set it with the heat gun.  I used two small playing cards.. the KING and QUEEN of hearts, naturally... and a STORY word ticket.  I inked around those edges in pink and brown Distress Ink as well.  I also inked up some seam binding ribbon with the matching Glimmer Mist sprays.  I then started layering all of my items and a bunch of flowers from I Am Roses and glued them on wherever they seemed to look best!


Once everything was glued into place, I added some thin white gesso paint around all of the bits and the ribbon to tie it all together, and it was complete. A happy, hanging Valentine love story to enjoy all year.  :)

❤❤❤❤❤

I'm linking up to the following challenges:

{FRILLY and FUNKIE} - Be My Valentine
{SIMON SAYS STAMP MONDAY} - Favorite Tool (heat gun)

Thanks for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose

5 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful project Annie...so many beautiful details and textures...thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs Kath xxx

Nancy Dynes said...

This is a stunning mixed media project, Annie! Everywhere you look there is something to catch they eye. Thank you so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!
Hugs,
Nancy

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love the playful feel that this lovely mixed media piece has. It's like love and joy are bursting out from every square inch! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Frilly and Funkie "Will You Be Mine?" challenge!

ßeulah ßee said...

I so agree with Kathy/NorthCarolina! It's playful and fun and joyful and I need me some of that!!

Sara Barker said...

Fascinating piece of artwork with so much whimsy and delightful details! Congratulations on your well deserved win at Frilly and Funkie!