Feb 2, 2017

{I LOVE YOU} a Pastel Valentine

As much as I love brightly colored Valentine colors, I also love the soft look of pastels.  I wanted to create a warm, Spring-like card for this Valentine, since it's currently pretty dang cold at my house and I'm SO ready for Spring!


This card features the "BEST BUDS" stamp set and matching Icon dies, and the "TAG SCALLOP" die from Paper Smooches.  I created my background by stamping one of the little rosebud images multiple times onto a die-cut watercolor paper panel.  I also stamped the matching floral banner image and watercolored everything with Distress Ink markers, water, and a paintbrush.

I then die cut the Tag Scallop from a few different papers and layers them onto one cardstock base.  I tied the tag with a length of soft, white lace, and popped up the tag in the center of the card.  I backed it onto a kraft cardstock base and finished it off with a few iridescent sequins.


I'm linking up to the following challenges:

{CURTAIN CALL} - February XOXO
{PAPER SMOOCHES} - February LOVE


Thanks for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose

8 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

This is so pretty!

Diane Jaquay said...

I adore this card, Annie, it's so bright and cheerful and pretty!

experimentswithcardmakingetc said...

Such a beautiful card, Annie! Love how you've combined pattern papers and stmps - they seem absolutely seamless!!
xx Ashwini

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card. Love the pretty images and the vintage feel... the lace is lovely. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

jenn shurkus said...

love the soft look of this card :) thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

This is so shabby chic and beautifully done! Great design and love the melding of all the elements. Fabulous!

Paper Smooches said...

OH MY! This is absolutely amazing! I LOVE the soft pastel colors! FABULOUS all around:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun- hope you play along with our March challenge that stars tomorrow <3

Paper Smooches said...

That should say "starts"! LOL!