Mar 15, 2017

{GREAT JOB!}

There's just something about gold and green together that makes me happy.  Any chance to play with green, my favorite color, makes me smile!


For this card I grabbed all of my stamp sets from Paper Smooches and ended up combining stamps from four different sets.  I used a triangle stamp as a banner, filled it with a heart stamp, took a sentiment from another set, and did a trio of flowers from another (all stamp sets shown at the end of this post).


I stamped the images onto a die-cut watercolor paper panel in VersaMark ink and heat embossed everything with gold embossing powder.  I then blended two shades of green Distress Ink to partially color the background.  I added a few droplets of water and blotted them up with a paper towel to allow the white paper to show through.


I embossed the flowers in the same gold and watercolored them with Distress Ink markers and a paintbrush.  I used the matching dies to cut them out and arranged them around the sentiment to draw your eye from the top left to the bottom right.  I finished off the card with some sparkly gold and clear sequins.

* * * * *


I'm playing along in the following fun challenges:

{PAPER SMOOCHES} - March Pantone Greenery


Thanks for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose

2 comments:

Gayatri said...

The gold embossing makes the card stand out. Gorgeous green background. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp A Bit O Green Challenge. Gayatri xx

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

BEAUTIFUL! LOOOOOOOOVE that banner and the orange colored flowers! GORGEOUS x1000000! THANKS for joining in the fun for the March challenge! Hope you join in our April SHOWERS challenge <3

ps... sorry I'm late in leaving comments- I didn't realize I was on vacation for the first week of April! LOL!