Mar 16, 2017

{LUCKY ME} Guest Designing with {Frilly and Funkie}

Lucky me, indeed!  Today I have the opportunity to be a guest designer over on the {FRILLY AND FUNKIE} challenge blog, and this challenge is a super fun one!

* * *

The challenge theme is:  "You've Got To Know When To Fold 'Em"
"The challenge is all about using folded paper in a way that goes beyond just folding it in half.  Create a vintage or shabby chic project that uses folder paper in a way that elevates the design.  You can make a fancy fold card, or add folded embellishments to a card or a layout."


I decided to create a large folded paper rosette wall-hanging, perfect for St. Patrick's Day.  To make the rosette, I cut three strips of patterned paper into 3inch x 12inch strips and scored them at every half-inch mark.  I also punched around the edges with a border punch.  

I then fan-folded each strip along the score lines and glued the ends together to create a circle, which I then hot glued together to keep its shape.  I used some blank Ranger/Tim Holtz grungeboard letters to spell out LUCKY ME and I heat embossed them with green and gold embossing powders.


I then layered on some vintage newspaper print, lace, lots of green buttons, a lucky BINGO card (also heat embossed in gold), a bunch of gorgeous paper flowers from I AM ROSES, and a large sparkly green bow to finish it off.  


While this is definitely a St. Paddy's day decoration, I'm keeping it up all year in my crafty space because, well... GREEN.  If you know me at all, you know I love green. Just look at it... LOOOOOK! *swoon* heh heh



I'd love it if you clicked on over to the {FRILLY AND FUNKIE} challenge blog to see all of the design team's beautiful creations and to play along!

* * *

I'm also linking up to the current {I AM ROSES} challenge for March.

Thank you so much for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose


No comments: