Mar 4, 2017

{YOU ARE AWESOME}

These adorable little dinosaurs are from the new-to-me stamp set called "CUTEASAURUS" by Paper Smooches.  The set has four dinosaurs and a bunch of other cute elements to stamp along with them.


I stamped the images onto watercolor paper and die-cut them with the coordinating dies.  I then watercolored them with Distress Ink markers, water, and a paintbrush.  I added some highlights with a white ink gel pen.

For the background panel, I stamped the cute leaf image multiple times with sticky VersaMark ink and heat embossed them with white embossing powder.  I then blended a few Distress Ink colors over the top.  I sprinkled a few droplets of water over the panel and blotted it off with a paper towel to get the real distressed look.


I love the background and I didn't want to cover it all up, so I used a stitched die to cut an oval from vellum paper to use as the background for the dino's to live on. I really like how the leaf background still shows through.  The sentiment is one of many that come with the set.


I placed everything onto a white cardstock base and added a few sparkly green sequins to finish it off.


I'm linking up to the following fun challenges:

{PAPER SMOOCHES} - March Pantone 2017 GREENERY
{CURTAIN CALL} - March GREEN/PLANT inspiration

 

Thanks for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose

3 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Super cute take on the inspiration photo! So fun!

SmilynStef said...

What an awesome card ... you rocked the green.

Mary-Anne V said...

Very cute and great background. Love this fun set.