Apr 15, 2017

{HIP HOP HOORAY} Easter Gift Tags


These tags were so much fun to create, and they are so Springy and cheerful!
I started by stamping the bunny girl (from My Favorite Things) onto watercolor paper and colored her with Distress Ink markers, water, and a paintbrush.  To save time, I only colored the parts that I knew would be seen when she pops up out of the Polaroid film die (from The Greeting Farm).  I then fussy cut the images.  I added some highlights with a white ink gel pen.


I then gathered my supplies for the tags themselves.  I had some corrugated shipping paper from a recent crafty happy mail order and I love how it adds a ton of dimension and detail.  I laid out everything on large Kraft tags from Ranger/Tim Holtz, grabbed some papers and a bunch of flowers from I Am Roses and started laying out my plan.  These colors were making me so happy!


Before adhering all of the layers together, I inked around the edges with Distress Ink for a distressed and uniform look.  I placed the bunny girls inside the Polaroid frames and added the HIP HOP HOORAY sentiments using small letter stickers (singing the song the whole time, naturally... bless you Naughty By Nature).

I then layered on the papers and die cuts (loopy leaf die from Paper Smooches) and flowers and added a Kraft doily to the backsides of each tag, and tied them with a long piece of jute ribbon.  I used the following paper flowers and leaves from I Am Roses:  ZQL20-426... R40-426... R77-15... CA1-426... S10-40... S10-210.


Then I tied them onto their gifts.  These are Mother's Day gifts for my mom and aunt, who also love to make cards and do papercrafts, and I wanted them to have some of my favorite 110lb heavy-weight cardstock paper from Papertrey Ink.  I'm giving them the gifts on Easter, so I figured Easter tags were a cute way to go.  I hope they love them, because I sure do!


I'm linking up to the following challenges:

{SIMON SAYS STAMP WEDNESDAY} - Spring Color Inspiration
{I AM ROSES} - Apr IAR Challenge

Thanks for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose

3 comments:

Anna-Karin said...

Fantastic cards! The focal images are so cute and I love all those wonderful layers that you used. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Happy Easter!

jenn shurkus said...

ohmygosh! these are just the sweetest! I love all the details you added with the white gel pen- and i LOVE all the layers and dimension! Thank you for joining us in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! I am also going to share this with my {creative chick} studio share facebook group! http://shurk.us/creative-chick-fbgroup

lisa norstrom said...

Saw your beautiful tag on Jen's {creative chick} fb group - truly amazing - lots of great details and layers - I bet your mom and aunt loved receiving these!!